General Matters

Independent Legal Advice Certificates for Guarantors

If you are going guarantor on a loan it is usually a requirement of the particular banker that you will require independent legal advice.

This is to ensure that you are fully aware of the legal effects of a guarantee and of the legal risks associated with the execution of a guarantee.

Hogan Stanton Lawyers can usually assist you for a fixed fee on the same day the legal advice certificate is required.  Please do not hesitate to call if we can be of assistance.


Motor Vehicle Accidents

If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, regardless of who you believe is at fault, you should contact a solicitor for advice on your possible rights to compensation and your legal obligations.

At the accident scene you must remain at the accident scene and you should:

 Phone a doctor or ambulance if anyone is injured

 Notify the police if anyone is injured or if the total damage to vehicles or other property is more than $2500.00

 After seeking approval from the police if they attend, clear the road of any glass or debris from damaged vehicles as soon as you can do so safely

 Not admit fault

 Write down details of other vehicles involved

 Talk to witnesses and take their details

 Note the time, date and location

It is extremely important that you do not admit fault until you have obtained legal advice.

After the accident you should advise your compulsory third party insurer and comprehensive property insurer about the accident and obtain a claim form and submit to each.

If there is a disagreement about who is at fault or there are problems due to vehicles’ being uninsured, you should immediately contact us as we can handle the details for you.

Please feel free to contact us on your rights and obligations regarding property damage.

icon-logoMotor Vehicle Accidents

icon-logoIndependent Legal Advice Certificates